Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Yippee..I am dual booting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Yippee..I am dual booting

    I wanted to thank everyone here for all the help and support for Knoppix, I think it is a wonderful product. I juts got it installed as a dual boot last night on my HP Pavillion and it works great.

    BTW I was having a problem getting the HD partitioned using CFDISK and FDISK and finally I read about QTPARTED and I was able to boot from my Knoppix Live CD and use QTPARTED and did the install after that using scripts in KNOPPIX LIVE CD. Don't go out and buy commercial software to partion use QTPARTED if you do not have it check out http://qtparted.sourceforge.net

    Thanks again to all on the forum, I appreciate it...

    Danny
    Carrabelle,FL

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Cool. Glad you got it working. There's a lot of gold to mine in the forums on using Knoppix once you've got it installed so stick around.

Similar Threads

  1. Dual-Booting Q's
    By Jameson in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 06:03 PM
  2. help with dual booting 2 kinds of linux
    By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 05:05 PM
  3. dual booting
    By sklynn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 10:07 PM
  4. Dual Booting
    By chim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 02:04 AM
  5. Dual Booting :)
    By Gremlix in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series picture

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series

$235.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99