Ctrl+Alt+Bckspc just restarts it in Knoppix, and everywhere I look it says that's the command to kill it. Soooo... any commands I can run from a shell or the ctrl+alt+F1 terminal that'll stop x?
Ctrl+Alt+Bckspc just restarts it in Knoppix, and everywhere I look it says that's the command to kill it. Soooo... any commands I can run from a shell or the ctrl+alt+F1 terminal that'll stop x?
Eh. Nevermind, looked around and found something that worked, at least for what I wanted to do.
For future reference, to those who have the same problem, try this:
ctrl+alt+f1
Then, assuming you're logged in, type
/etc/init.d/kdm stop
Then do what you need to. In my case, install nvidia drivers.
An easier way is to right click on the Desktop, select "log out "someone"", then select "log in as other user". At the graphical log in dialogue, there's a drop down menu which allows you to select "non graphical login" (or somesuch).
Actually, that brings me to another question, heh..
At the lil boot screen, where I choose either Linux or WinNT (xp), I typed 'Linux knoppix 2'. I think I was trying to boot to runlevel 2. Anyway, for some reason, that one login dialogue box, the very first one, everythings in some other language... german or italian or something.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00
Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface
$74.99
Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99
Vintage Black White Womier Keycaps Set 138 Keys - Doubleshot PBT Style
$30.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$139.98
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37