-
modprobe: can't locate module xfs
Hi,
I'm new to Knoppix and I've just created the Knoppix-STD v0.1 CD.
When I try to boot up I get the following message and the boot stalls.
"scanning for harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab... modprobe: modprobe: can't locate module xfs"
Here's the system I'm trying to use:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe (Rev 2.0) (Nforce 2)
AMD Athlon XP2000+ @ 1787MHz
Nforce 2 Audio (integrated)
VisionTek GeForce 3 Ti200 64MB
1 x 512MB DDR RAM (single channel mode)
2 x SATA 80G HDD in RAID-0 set
1 x IDE 40G HDD
1 x LiteOn 16X DVD-ROM
1 x NEC-2500A DVDRW
Windows XP Pro SP-1 (installed on the RAID-0 set)
1 x Iomega IDE Zip100
1 x 1.44MB FDD
My only guess is that the RAID-0 is causing problems.
Any help or thoughts are appreciated, I'd love to get Knoppix-STD working!
Thanks, muddled_rosella.
-
I've looked again at the entire boot log and I now suspect that the RAID array is the likely problem. When I installed windows, I had to install a 3rd party RAID driver (silicon image SATA drivers v10040) in order to use my RAID.
Also, HDD's attached to the SATA connections on the mobo are actually IDE HDD's with SATA-IDD "serillel" convertors...just to complicate things further. This has not caused any trouble with XP though.
Here's the entire boot string and boot log:
Boot string:
========
boot: knoppix lang=us desktop=kde screen=800x600 wheelmouse xvrefresh=72
Boot log:
=========
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ldm_validate_partition_table_(): Disk read failed.
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ide-scsi: hdb: unsupported command in request queue (0)
ldm_validate_partition_table_(): Disk read failed.
Booting Knoppix-STD 0.1 : security tools distrobution
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0...
Total memory found: 514352 kB
Creating /ramdisk (dynamic size=406732k) on shared memory...Done.
Creating directories and symlinks on ramdisk...Done.
Starting init process.
INIT: version 2.78-knoppix booting
Processor 0 is AMD Athlon(tm) 1792MHz, 256 KB Cache
Starting advanced power management functions daemon: apmd
APM Bios found, power management functions enabled.
Apmd[63]: apmd 3.2.0 interfacing with apm driver 1.16 and APM BIOS 1.2
USB found, managed by hotplug.
Enabling hotplug manager.
Autoconfiguring devices... Done.
Mouse is Generic PS/2 Wheel Mouse at /dev/psaux
Soundcard: nVidia Corporation|nForce2 AC97 Audio Controller (MCP) driver=i810_audio
Video is nVidia Corporation|GeForce3 (rev 1) using XFree86(nv) Server
Monitor is API0001, H:30-72kHz, V:50-120Hz
Trying specified vrefresh rate of 72Hz.
Using Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab... modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module xfs
I hope that helps you help me!
cheers,
-muddled_rosella
Similar Threads
-
By teddyballgame20 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 06:09 AM
-
By Max_Var in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By jnoblesr in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:40 AM
-
By bluejay in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 11:02 PM
-
By hammy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99