-
Computer does not respond
I downloaded Knoppix 3.3 from www.knoppix.com.
I booted my computer from the CD-ROM and Knoppix started. It seemed like it works good. After some use I shut it down and tried to boot it from Windows XP, as always. But the Computer does not respond at all. Screen is totaly blank and I can not do anything. Does not boot from CD-ROM or disk drive. It does not give any message on screen.
I tried to boot it from my original Windows Cd but it seems like it does not even read the CD.
Could you help me please?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If this is a Dell computer you simply need to disconnect the power cable for a few minutes and reconnect it. Then it should start up ok. Then I would write Dell a nasty email expressing my complete discontent with their lousy hardware. Well ok that's just what I would do.
-
Senior Member
registered user
rickenbacherus is right. this should fix your problem.
btw, posts like this shouldn't be made under "Tips and Tricks" This forum is for you to post "Tips and Tricks" that you have come up with and want to share with others. This is the second time tonight I've had to move a post from here to the General forum.
Similar Threads
-
By C@nti in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 03:36 PM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 11:08 AM
-
By Kram in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-25-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By PsycoX in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) Solid State Drive
$102.00

Samsung Book Cover Keyboard Slim EF-DT730 Black
$80.00

Samsung XE303 C12 Chromebook 11.6 1.7GHz, 2GB Ram, 16GB SSD, working condition
$42.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77