-
Can't boot to 2.6 Kernel
I've installed 2.6.3 kernel under /usr/src.
Seemed to install ok, didn't get any error messages.
Checked under /boot and see that it is there and added the following under /etc/lilo.conf
Code:
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
label=Linux
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
read-only
# restricted
# alias=1
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.3
label=Linux2.6
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
read-only
Reran lilo and when I rebooted, I still get my old kernel...what am I doing wrong?
thanks
-
Junior Member
registered user
because
initrd.gz point to kernel 2.4.22-xfs and not to 2.6.3 kernel.
I have the same problem: make modules && make modules_install && make install doesn't resolv this quest....
Similar Threads
-
By Swedishborgie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 06:05 AM
-
By jbreiden in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 07:54 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By gjhicks in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 03:20 PM
-
By mordor in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00