Windos_No_Thanks,

I don't think this is working... I did a googe, and located three "secondard" sites, all of them reported to use the dns because the IP numbers can change... This is the output:

root@Polaris:/home/cuddles# ntpdate -u ntp1.cs.wisc.edu
10 Mar 07:59:34 ntpdate[8785]: sendto(128.105.39.11): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 07:59:35 ntpdate[8785]: sendto(128.105.39.11): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 07:59:36 ntpdate[8785]: sendto(128.105.39.11): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 07:59:37 ntpdate[8785]: sendto(128.105.39.11): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 07:59:38 ntpdate[8785]: no server suitable for synchronization found
root@Polaris:/home/cuddles# ntpdate ntp3.cs.wisc.edu
10 Mar 08:00:01 ntpdate[8786]: sendto(128.105.37.11): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 08:00:02 ntpdate[8786]: sendto(128.105.37.11): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 08:00:03 ntpdate[8786]: sendto(128.105.37.11): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 08:00:04 ntpdate[8786]: sendto(128.105.37.11): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 08:00:05 ntpdate[8786]: no server suitable for synchronization found
root@Polaris:/home/cuddles# ntpdate ntp3.sf-bay.org
10 Mar 08:00:22 ntpdate[8796]: sendto(206.55.70.42): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 08:00:23 ntpdate[8796]: sendto(206.55.70.42): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 08:00:24 ntpdate[8796]: sendto(206.55.70.42): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 08:00:25 ntpdate[8796]: sendto(206.55.70.42): Operation not permitted
10 Mar 08:00:26 ntpdate[8796]: no server suitable for synchronization found

All three sites come up with the same error, with or without the "-u" - I also have ntp set in my firewall for access. Am I missing something? (again?)

Thanks,
Cuddles