-
Junior Member
registered user
Boot knoppix withough Floppy and CD boot
I would like to run knoppix from the cd on my high school computers, but the machines I'm talking about are set to boot from hdd and the bios is locked with password. I know theres lots of programs to break the bios pass but I don't want to mess with them. The machine boots to Windows 2000 or alternatively to MSDOS 7.0, and I can save anithing to D: but not more than a 100-200MB. Msdos is in C: and W2K is in E:, and both of this partitions are restored daily.
Can anyone tell me how the hell can i make the cd boot from msdos (with loadlin, I presume) withough changing anything in the other disk partitions?
I would apreciate if you put a link to a howto or something like that.
By the way, great work! I already tested the CD on three PCs and it worked right away withought changing anything (except the screen and wheelmouse cheatcodes
)
Similar Threads
-
By maltrecho in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 11:26 AM
-
By Kumagoro in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 04:13 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By John Richards in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 01:52 AM
-
By Prieni in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800
$199.95

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Utilities Back Up Games 98 Disks Uncle Pervo
$127.42

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

ATARI 800 XL 8-Bit Computer w/ Power Supply
$169.00