-
Junior Member
registered user
Boot knoppix withough Floppy and CD boot
I would like to run knoppix from the cd on my high school computers, but the machines I'm talking about are set to boot from hdd and the bios is locked with password. I know theres lots of programs to break the bios pass but I don't want to mess with them. The machine boots to Windows 2000 or alternatively to MSDOS 7.0, and I can save anithing to D: but not more than a 100-200MB. Msdos is in C: and W2K is in E:, and both of this partitions are restored daily.
Can anyone tell me how the hell can i make the cd boot from msdos (with loadlin, I presume) withough changing anything in the other disk partitions?
I would apreciate if you put a link to a howto or something like that.
By the way, great work! I already tested the CD on three PCs and it worked right away withought changing anything (except the screen and wheelmouse cheatcodes
)
Similar Threads
-
By maltrecho in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 11:26 AM
-
By Kumagoro in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 04:13 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By John Richards in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 01:52 AM
-
By Prieni in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99