-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, my sig was recently shortened by eadz
, our commander and chief seeing as this is his forum...
Anyway, it used to say something like:
___________________________________________
A. Jorge Garcia
Teacher and Professor
Applied Math and Comp Sci
The Calculus Archive Project Online!
Baldwin High School and Nassau Community College
Long Island, New York, USA, Sol, Milky Way
___________________________________________
So now you know where I'm from!
I've been installing Linux behind the "pin-head's" backs for over 5 years now. If its not M$ WINDOZE or Novell, they can't fix it. So they have these God awful security programs on every PC so you can't install anything or change a single setting. Well, when my Computer Science class switched from Pascal to C++ these security programs conflicted with the WINDOZE compilers no matter what I did!
So, I installed a 150MB footprint Slackware Linux on the DOS partition making a little IntraNet and never looked back! Of course, we use KNOPPIX now. Recently, the lab with Linux installed started to fall apart, so we had to switch to a Live Bootable CD solution. KNOPPIX came to the rescue just in time!
Now that I'm in charge of the programming department, they leave me alone, but its been an up hill battle all the way!
BTW, when I recently applied to the Educator-Astronaut program, the "tech-heads" almost died when they figured out I'd have to relocate to Houston, Texas! Amazing how they need me all of a sudden. Don't worry, I revoked my application. I applied, ironically, the day before the Columbia STS-107 disaster. Now, if I go into space, my wife will kill me before take-off....
Similar Threads
-
By maltrecho in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 11:26 AM
-
By Kumagoro in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 04:13 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By John Richards in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 01:52 AM
-
By Prieni in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00