-
An easy one (I hope!) for you guys
Hi
I'm running the live CD and have encountered a few problems.
1. My network card isn't recognised. I found the appropriate file (kernal-source-bcm5700-6.2.11-6.2.11-alt1.src.rpm), copied it to the Knoppix desktop and opened it in KPackage. Then I selected install and entered the root login (after creating one). I now get this error message:
<1-source-bcm5700-6.2.11-alt1.src.rpm';echo RESULT=$ error: cannot write to %sourcedir /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES RESULT=1
Can somebody please tell me what to do? Maybe I should drop KPackage and install via commands? If that's the case, please let me know what they are!
2. My wireless card is not recognised. I think I've found the correct config changes:
device "pcmf502rd"
class "network" module "pcmf502rd"
card "Belkin F5D6020u (rev 2)"
manfid 0x01bf, 0x3302
bind "pcmf502rd"
however, I do not have the necessary rights to save these changes in the config files. How should I go about changing this?
Many Thanks for any replies from a desperate newbie!
Similar Threads
-
By eco2geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:24 AM
-
By reilord in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By ido50 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By estranged in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 09:05 AM
-
By Geoff in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 12:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

MSI H310M PRO-VDH PLUS MicroATX LGA1151 Intel DDR4 2 DIMM M.2 PCIe. READ DETAILS
$41.12

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99