-
Knoppix 3.3 CONFIG_PARPORT_PC Setting and VMWARE
I just did a hard-disk install of Knoppix 3.3 and I am
about to install VMWARE. The VMWARE manual says that
the real time clock must be compiled into the kernel and
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m must have been used to compile the
kernel.
Maybe this is a general linux question, but how can I
tell if the Knoppix3.3 "stock" kernel had CONFIG_PARPORT_PC
set to m when it was compiled, or does anyone happen to
know the answer?
Also, any ideas on what problems I would hit in VMWARE if
it was set to 'y' and I try it anyway? I suppose my
parallel port won't work, which is OK, but any other
side-effect problems possible? (Maybe this is more of
a VMWARE question).
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By bspengler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
-
By bosspacman in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 01:42 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99