-
Junior Member
registered user
ok, here is what I get with hdparm /dev/hdc and hdparm -d /dev/hdc

Originally Posted by
#
root@Silver'sBox:~# hdparm /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:
HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
IO_support = 0 (default 16-bit)
unmaskirq = 0 (off)
using_dma = 0 (off)
keepsettings = 0 (off)
readonly = 1 (on)
readahead = 8 (on)
HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument
root@Silver'sBox:~# hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:
setting using_dma to 1 (on)
using_dma = 1 (on)
so confused....
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Silver_Seagull
ok, here is what I get with hdparm /dev/hdc and hdparm -d /dev/hdc

Originally Posted by
#
root@Silver'sBox:~# hdparm /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:
HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
IO_support = 0 (default 16-bit)
unmaskirq = 0 (off)
using_dma = 0 (off)
keepsettings = 0 (off)
readonly = 1 (on)
readahead = 8 (on)
HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument
root@Silver'sBox:~# hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:
setting using_dma to 1 (on)
using_dma = 1 (on)
so confused....
Ok that is what I needed to see the DMA will work on your machine you now just need to edit either the /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh file and put these two line near the bottom the exit 0 one will already be there.
Code:
## Added by me for DMA on DVD player
hdparm -qd1 /dev/hdc
: exit 0
Or you can put it in the proper file the /etc/hdparm.conf in the format I posted above and everytime you boot the DMA will be set on the drive and you should get better playback.
-
Junior Member
registered user
/me cries....
I am _so_ sorry. I still have no idea what I'm to change what to.
What do you mean the "link for the /dev/dvd points to the /dev/scd0" ? Is that the /dev/dvd should be changed to /dev/scd0 or /dvd should be changed to /scd0 ?
also, my fstab has *no* mention of 'hdc'.....what is it exactly? Do I need to change something?
I feel like such a moron. 
I guess I need you to spell it out in baby steps....anyone who actually understood this..step by silly, stupid step.
Again, I'm _so_ sorry I'm such an idiot.
-
Junior Member
registered user
:edit:
nvm....Got it!!!
Thx for all the help!
Similar Threads
-
By tsitras in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By Eradicator in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 04:01 AM
-
By milne in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
-
By smiley in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:09 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98