-
How do I start FTPd?
I can't ftp into my knoppix box but can SSH in.
Obviously because ftpd is a different service.
HOW do I activate the ftpd service, and, additionally how can I make it activate on startup?
I've searched the forum finding several people looking on how to start an ftp server, and some people give very odd instructions that end up not helping at all....
I've deleted my /etc/hosts.deny list.... but I still CANNOT access my box via ftp:// on windows....
I'd really appriciate if someone could help me through this (without) giving me bad instructions.
I'm using Knoppix 3.3 for your information.
PLEASE HELP!! THANKS!
Similar Threads
-
By Zerro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 04:31 PM
-
By bibear in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 06:38 PM
-
By ck_lee in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:10 PM
-
By Rhymer in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 10:05 PM
-
By timmd in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2002, 12:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00

Apple M3501 Extended Keyboard II Vintage Macintosh Mac w/ Mouse Tested Set
$85.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00