When I leave the computer for about 5 minutes to say... go to the bathroom, it goes to an un-recoverable black screen. could somebody help me with this problem?
When I leave the computer for about 5 minutes to say... go to the bathroom, it goes to an un-recoverable black screen. could somebody help me with this problem?
Osiris,
I think I might be able to assist on this one...
First thing, are you running Knoppix from the CD?
If yes, I think it is "Power Management" that is causing this issue. To disable Automatic Power Management, the next time you boot Knoppix...
When you get the Boot: prompt, type the following to disable APM in Knoppix, for that boot
boot: knoppix noapm [enter]
Don't type enter, just press it, and don't type "boot:" thats the boot prompt.
If this works for you, you will need to enter the above command when you boot knoppix again, each time - Knoppix doesn't "carry over" previous configurations between boots, unless you set up a persistant home, or save knoppix configs from within the KMenu -> Knoppix menu entry.
Hope this helps,
Cuddles
Unfortunately, no. I installed it to hard disk, but I'm gonna check that out anyways, just in case. I appreciate the attempt though.
See if apmd is runnning:
ps aux|grep apm
If so try killing apmd.
kill pid (pid of apmd)
or
killall -9 apmd
You can also disable dpms (energy star features)
xset -dpms

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II AMD AM4 Socket ATX Computer Motherboard NIB
$125.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99
JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD
$49.99
ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard
$84.99