-
Unrecoverable Black Screen
When I leave the computer for about 5 minutes to say... go to the bathroom, it goes to an un-recoverable black screen. could somebody help me with this problem?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Osiris,
I think I might be able to assist on this one...
First thing, are you running Knoppix from the CD?
If yes, I think it is "Power Management" that is causing this issue. To disable Automatic Power Management, the next time you boot Knoppix...
When you get the Boot: prompt, type the following to disable APM in Knoppix, for that boot
boot: knoppix noapm [enter]
Don't type enter, just press it, and don't type "boot:" thats the boot prompt.
If this works for you, you will need to enter the above command when you boot knoppix again, each time - Knoppix doesn't "carry over" previous configurations between boots, unless you set up a persistant home, or save knoppix configs from within the KMenu -> Knoppix menu entry.
Hope this helps,
Cuddles
-
Unfortunately, no. I installed it to hard disk, but I'm gonna check that out anyways, just in case. I appreciate the attempt though.
-
Senior Member
registered user
See if apmd is runnning:
ps aux|grep apm
If so try killing apmd.
kill pid (pid of apmd)
or
killall -9 apmd
You can also disable dpms (energy star features)
xset -dpms
Similar Threads
-
By mikeym9477 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:59 AM
-
By vinraec in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By Eponick in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 02:36 AM
-
By Corallis in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:14 PM
-
By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp
$32.99

2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive
$29.50