-
Junior Member
registered user
help Give users root access
After installing knoppix onto the harddrive (which went so smoothly, it was a beautiful thing),
I upgraded from KDE3.0 to KDE3.1 (which is also beautiful)
however befor upgrading I was able to be logged in as a user and then open
up konsole I would type
su then my password and I would have access to root and be able to run Xapps
After upgrading to KDE3.1 I no longer have that ability. I have to use
xhost +local:<username> and then I have access. but If i reboot I have to type it in
again.
I dont want to have to type that in EVERYTIME I want to have root enabled Xapps when I
restart the system, I want the system to do this at startup like it did before I got KDE3.1
Does anyone know what commands should put in to give any current and future user I create root access to the Xapps.
Also where should I put the commands.
thank you in advance for your help.
LuisI
Similar Threads
-
By Degman in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By empanyc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 10:23 AM
-
By pizarra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:01 PM
-
By mikesb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 07:48 AM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed
$125.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985
$32.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested
$210.00