Hi folks,

have read around here a few hours now, also been to other linux sites, as well as colinux - no need for a rapid reply to this question, am in no hurry, and may find the answer as I keep reading. But maybe others have similar concerns.

Have been wanting to try linux for a long time (almost 20 years (know many "respectable" people swearing by it!)) , and a while ago finally downloaded Knoppix 3.3 (2-9-04) - have been running it from the CD, and it rocks!! Can see myself switching to using this for at least 75% of the time, but still need windoze for other times, since well you know......

Have a 2-year old machine with WinXP-pro (2001-SP1), 256RAM, a single hdd with two partitions, no programming skills, and would like to install Knoppix on the second (15 gigs) (empty now) one.

Is there a simple, straightforward way to do this, so that I get f.inst a choice when booting up, to run either WinXP or Knoppix? Or would you suggest I start out by purchasing something like Lindows?

Thanks for any reply, and I really enjoy reading the Spirit of this forum.

Ziggy