Problems solved by:
Kanotix (for ACPI)
ACX100 Custom Compile (Craig helped me compile this for the Kanotix kernel)
![]()
Here's a list of issues I am having running the Live CD on my Toshiba 5005-S507:
Okay, I am very new to all of this, but I decided to try the Knoppix 3.3 Live CD (2/9 Release) with the ACX100 driver from houseofcraig.net and was very disappointed when I finally ran the start_net batch, I recieved an IRQ error. Is there any way to fix this? It seems to not see the device, period.
The sound just isn't working. I tried the alsa cheat code already. It is a Yamaha AC-XG onboard sound card. (I might try Alsa again just to make sure, but I am quite certain it isn't working)
As far as screen size, I've got that down, but is there any way to run in the native screen size, but a lower resolution? The native res on my laptop is 1600x1200, so it would be nice to get it down to 1280x960 for text size.
Any input you all have would be wonderful, thank you.
-Abyss
P.S. System configuration is as follows:
PIII (non-m) 1.1ghz
512mb PC133 RAM
40gb HD NTFS (XP Home)
40x CD (8xRW/8xDVD-ROM)
DWL-650+ PCMCIA
Synaptics Touchpad
Yamaha AC-XG Sound
Harmon Kardon w/Sub onboard speakers
Geforce 4 440 Go (32mb)
15" UXGA Home Theatre Display
Update: Got in touch with craig, sent a few command replies over to confirm it is in fact ACX100, and I am hoping this is not an ACPI issue that cannot be resolved.
Problems solved by:
Kanotix (for ACPI)
ACX100 Custom Compile (Craig helped me compile this for the Kanotix kernel)
![]()

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Grade A Micron 64GB PC4-3200AA DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2 LOT
$599.99
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00
READ Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$149.99
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00