-
Thinkpad 600, Sound and Knoppix 3.3
Ok. Here's what I ended up doing to get Sound working reliably under Knoppix 3.3 on my Thinkpad 600, and why.
But what should I have done?
The module needed is the cs4232 (and opl3 for midi).
This seems to get loaded, but without any options, at boot, sound doesn't work, reporting an error with /dev/dsp.
Adding the correct options to modules.conf, via /etc/modutils/sound had no effect (this is how I thought it should work... Weird).
So I've ended up with the following script symlinked to rc5.d as S98 (prior to kde loading).
Code:
#!/bin/bash
rmmod cs4232
rmmod ad1848
rmmod uart401
rmmod opl3
rmmod sound
rmmod soundcore
modprobe cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=5 synthio=-1 synthirq=-1
I didn't bother with midi, but that would be
Code:
modprobe opl3 io=0x388
I found that this has to be loaded prior to the gui starting as kde attempts to initalise sound and then you can't rmmod the modules.
Does anyone have a more elegant solution, or advice as to how to do this properly?
Cheers
Similar Threads
-
By rec9140 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By iansoutar in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By fred7 in forum Laptops
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:09 AM
-
By hplasm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
-
By dougvega in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08