Problems solved by:
Kanotix (for ACPI)
ACX100 Custom Compile (Craig helped me compile this for the Kanotix kernel)
![]()
Here's a list of issues I am having running the Live CD on my Toshiba 5005-S507:
Okay, I am very new to all of this, but I decided to try the Knoppix 3.3 Live CD (2/9 Release) with the ACX100 driver from houseofcraig.net and was very disappointed when I finally ran the start_net batch, I recieved an IRQ error. Is there any way to fix this? It seems to not see the device, period.
The sound just isn't working. I tried the alsa cheat code already. It is a Yamaha AC-XG onboard sound card. (I might try Alsa again just to make sure, but I am quite certain it isn't working)
As far as screen size, I've got that down, but is there any way to run in the native screen size, but a lower resolution? The native res on my laptop is 1600x1200, so it would be nice to get it down to 1280x960 for text size.
Any input you all have would be wonderful, thank you.
-Abyss
P.S. System configuration is as follows:
PIII (non-m) 1.1ghz
512mb PC133 RAM
40gb HD NTFS (XP Home)
40x CD (8xRW/8xDVD-ROM)
DWL-650+ PCMCIA
Synaptics Touchpad
Yamaha AC-XG Sound
Harmon Kardon w/Sub onboard speakers
Geforce 4 440 Go (32mb)
15" UXGA Home Theatre Display
Update: Got in touch with craig, sent a few command replies over to confirm it is in fact ACX100, and I am hoping this is not an ACPI issue that cannot be resolved.
Problems solved by:
Kanotix (for ACPI)
ACX100 Custom Compile (Craig helped me compile this for the Kanotix kernel)
![]()

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD
$64.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00
Intel Xeon E-2478 2.8Ghz 24MB Cache 8 Core FCLGA1700 Server Processor CPU SRMX7
$599.95
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98