Problems solved by:
Kanotix (for ACPI)
ACX100 Custom Compile (Craig helped me compile this for the Kanotix kernel)
![]()
Here's a list of issues I am having running the Live CD on my Toshiba 5005-S507:
Okay, I am very new to all of this, but I decided to try the Knoppix 3.3 Live CD (2/9 Release) with the ACX100 driver from houseofcraig.net and was very disappointed when I finally ran the start_net batch, I recieved an IRQ error. Is there any way to fix this? It seems to not see the device, period.
The sound just isn't working. I tried the alsa cheat code already. It is a Yamaha AC-XG onboard sound card. (I might try Alsa again just to make sure, but I am quite certain it isn't working)
As far as screen size, I've got that down, but is there any way to run in the native screen size, but a lower resolution? The native res on my laptop is 1600x1200, so it would be nice to get it down to 1280x960 for text size.
Any input you all have would be wonderful, thank you.
-Abyss
P.S. System configuration is as follows:
PIII (non-m) 1.1ghz
512mb PC133 RAM
40gb HD NTFS (XP Home)
40x CD (8xRW/8xDVD-ROM)
DWL-650+ PCMCIA
Synaptics Touchpad
Yamaha AC-XG Sound
Harmon Kardon w/Sub onboard speakers
Geforce 4 440 Go (32mb)
15" UXGA Home Theatre Display
Update: Got in touch with craig, sent a few command replies over to confirm it is in fact ACX100, and I am hoping this is not an ACPI issue that cannot be resolved.
Problems solved by:
Kanotix (for ACPI)
ACX100 Custom Compile (Craig helped me compile this for the Kanotix kernel)
![]()

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00