Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: An easy one (I hope!) for you guys

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    An easy one (I hope!) for you guys

    Hi

    I'm running the live CD and have encountered a few problems.

    1. My network card isn't recognised. I found the appropriate file (kernal-source-bcm5700-6.2.11-6.2.11-alt1.src.rpm), copied it to the Knoppix desktop and opened it in KPackage. Then I selected install and entered the root login (after creating one). I now get this error message:

    <1-source-bcm5700-6.2.11-alt1.src.rpm';echo RESULT=$ error: cannot write to %sourcedir /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES RESULT=1

    Can somebody please tell me what to do? Maybe I should drop KPackage and install via commands? If that's the case, please let me know what they are!

    2. My wireless card is not recognised. I think I've found the correct config changes:

    device "pcmf502rd"
    class "network" module "pcmf502rd"

    card "Belkin F5D6020u (rev 2)"
    manfid 0x01bf, 0x3302
    bind "pcmf502rd"

    however, I do not have the necessary rights to save these changes in the config files. How should I go about changing this?

    Many Thanks for any replies from a desperate newbie!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    You won't have much luck unless you hdd-install or remaster the CD. It's kind of hard to write to an unwriteable filesytem (CD-R/RW).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    I realise that now. Originally I'd thought Knoppix was dumped to some temp folder. I suppose the changes can be saved on some local device then run via a script for every install?

Similar Threads

  1. Thanks, guys!
    By eco2geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:24 AM
  2. You're my last hope!
    By reilord in forum Networking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:26 AM
  3. Gnoppix question (Hope someone can help)
    By ido50 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 04:41 PM
  4. Hi guys. I have some problems with apt-get
    By estranged in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 09:05 AM
  5. Hi Guys & Girls
    By Geoff in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 12:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB picture

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB

$180.00



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50