Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need help working in Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7

    Need help working in Knoppix

    I am having some serious problems with a hard drive of mine. Windows on the drive became corrupt so I turned to knoppix to be able to access my data. Luckily, under Knoppix I can see and access all my files but now I must figure out a way to transfer them to another computer to back them up before my hard drive fails completely and so that I can format the drive and start over again. I am not familiar with linux or knoppix at all so I do not know how to install any programs or do much at all. There are other computers that are on the same network as this computer that run windows and I am trying to figure out a way to communicate with them. If someone could explain to me how to transfer all my data to another computer on the network and save it I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thx

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7
    err oops, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum

Similar Threads

  1. Getting my DVD drive working with Knoppix.
    By Arkon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 02:49 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  3. KNOPPIX not working HELP....... again
    By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:36 PM
  4. Knoppix Not Working HELP!!!
    By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2003, 11:36 AM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99