Your looking for the tohd and fromhd cheat codes.
I recently tried Knoppix for the first time (3.3), and was so impressed that I wiped windows, repartitioned, and did a clean install from within the live CD.
Later I discovered that doing so ate up most of my 4 GB HD, so I'd like to go back to running from CD.
My question is: Is it possible to create an image of the Knoppix CD on my HD, and boot from that image? I'd like to only use 700 MB of HD space, but still enjoy the speed increase over running from CD.
Thanks for any help. I'm a total Linux newbie, so please don't be too technical. BTW, the system I'm running Knoppix on is a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop, with an Ethernet-to-USB network attached. I can't believe it detected everything and worked perfectly the first time!! As soon as I'm familiar with Linux, window$ is bye bye.
Your looking for the tohd and fromhd cheat codes.

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99