-
Booting from CD image on HD
I recently tried Knoppix for the first time (3.3), and was so impressed that I wiped windows, repartitioned, and did a clean install from within the live CD.
Later I discovered that doing so ate up most of my 4 GB HD, so I'd like to go back to running from CD.
My question is: Is it possible to create an image of the Knoppix CD on my HD, and boot from that image? I'd like to only use 700 MB of HD space, but still enjoy the speed increase over running from CD.
Thanks for any help. I'm a total Linux newbie, so please don't be too technical. BTW, the system I'm running Knoppix on is a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop, with an Ethernet-to-USB network attached. I can't believe it detected everything and worked perfectly the first time!! As soon as I'm familiar with Linux, window$ is bye bye.
Similar Threads
-
By yaleyu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 03:27 PM
-
By moiz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
-
By irsirius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
-
By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 12:20 PM
-
By cheelib in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98