Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: sources.list question

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51

    sources.list question

    Does anyone maintain a current sources.list
    I ask as the one on 3.3 is out of date.

    I appreciate that I can simply comment out the broken repositories, replace them with the correct ones if I can locate them, but I wondered if there was an official / semi official updated sources.list available anywhere.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    18
    Check out netselect-apt
    Max

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51
    Cheers, I'll give that a try.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    148
    I just did apt-get update. Then I did netselect-apt and was told "bash: netselect-apt: command not found" :(

    So far I have not edited my sources.list (should I? I 've looked in these forums and have so far not found a satisfactory answer; I know I should go off reading about the debian.org documentation about apt-get but it's late ;))

    any hints?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    18
    I'm really very new to Knoppix & Linux but here are a few suggestions. Try apt-cache search netselect-apt & apt-cache policy netselect-apt. "bash: netselect-apt: command not found" as far as I know means that it is not installed. I use Synaptic Package Manager which is a graphical front end for apt-get & makes finding & installing packages very easy for a newbie. Also here is a link for netselect-apt: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/netselect-apt
    Max

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    148
    which sources.list should I be editing? locate gives me three choices:
    Code:
    /etc/apt/sources.list
    /mnt/old_root/etc/apt/sources.list
    /mnt/old_root/KNOPPIX/etc/apt/sources.list
    I think it's the first one. And I gather I should be removing lines that give me errors when I apt-get update?

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51
    C123:
    Yes and Yes. to the sources question.
    Code:
    apt-get install netselect-apt
    to the netselect-apt question.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix sources.list repository incomplete list.
    By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
  2. Apt Sources list
    By Timo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 07:50 AM
  3. sources.list
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 12:46 AM
  4. Noob question about apt-get and sources.list
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:26 PM
  5. sources.list question
    By rattler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)

$269.99



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor

$85.00



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF

$429.00



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$395.00



HP - OmniBook 3 - 14

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...

$399.99



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor

$85.00