-
Senior Member
registered user
Apt-get upgrade issues with Mozilla 1.6-2
If you have recently tried apt-get uprade, you will notice that mozilla has an uprade. However it errors out with problems upgrading mozilla due to an error in the script that it needs to finish the job. Apt-get -f install and dpkg --configure -a won't fix the error, but editing the /usr/sbin/update-mozilla-chrome script as root will fix it. Look for line 68 and 69 and change the ] to } after the word LIBDIR. Then try apt-get -f install and all will be corrected.
HTH,
Durand
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yikes. I'm glad someone caught this cause I sure would not have. Who shoud be providing a fix for this? The Debian package manager? Thanks for reporting it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
there is supposively already a fix for it which should have hit the debian ftp already, but you still have to edit the file inorder to unlock your apt-get
-
Junior Member
registered user
wow...I literally came here to ask about why mozilla decided to disappear after my last apt-get and couldn't fix it....thanks!
Have I mentioned how much I love the open-source community? If not...then I LOVE it! SO much better than any big, faceless corporation!
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have posted a fixed file for this problem in this thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=40019#40019
Similar Threads
-
By gopat in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:51 AM
-
By turbines in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:31 AM
-
By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99