Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Automatically loading floppyconf & starting Samba?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    Automatically loading floppyconf & starting Samba?

    First of all, I am a Linux newbie, and everything I know I've basically learned by playing with Knoppix (and a little Red Hat) and scouring the net for places to help me. This is a 2 part question that I haven't had any luck of solving by myself:

    I have a floppy disk that I use to load my saved configuration with Knoppix 3.3. I would like to be able to turn the PC on with the Knoppix CD and the config floppy in, and have it automatically run
    Code:
    knoppix floppyconf
    at bootup.

    Any way to do this?

    2nd question: is there any way to automatically start the Samba server on bootup?

    Essentially, I want to be able to turn the PC on, have it load my configuration and start Samba without my having to type or click any prompts.

    Much thanks if you can assist!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    So I take it that this is impossible?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    I don't no if its impossible but improbable. That would probably take, makeing a batch file, then having it load of the floppy before knoppix.

    However there is something in the Docs (top menu) on how to run a headless knoppix which might help.

Similar Threads

  1. Starting videograbber automatically
    By ovaron in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 07:04 AM
  2. knoppix stops loading after samba daemon
    By pgk3734 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 06:17 AM
  3. starting X programs automatically
    By motu2k in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 10:59 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 06:00 AM
  5. HDD isn't mounted when using floppyconf :(
    By Plip in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA picture

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA

$325.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99