-
Automatically loading floppyconf & starting Samba?
First of all, I am a Linux newbie, and everything I know I've basically learned by playing with Knoppix (and a little Red Hat) and scouring the net for places to help me. This is a 2 part question that I haven't had any luck of solving by myself:
I have a floppy disk that I use to load my saved configuration with Knoppix 3.3. I would like to be able to turn the PC on with the Knoppix CD and the config floppy in, and have it automatically run at bootup.
Any way to do this?
2nd question: is there any way to automatically start the Samba server on bootup?
Essentially, I want to be able to turn the PC on, have it load my configuration and start Samba without my having to type or click any prompts.
Much thanks if you can assist!
Similar Threads
-
By ovaron in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 07:04 AM
-
By pgk3734 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 06:17 AM
-
By motu2k in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 10:59 AM
-
By zuzu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 06:00 AM
-
By Plip in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard
$55.99