When starting XFree86 I see few pages of data scroll off the screen and then X begins. If I look at the XFree86 log file, there is hardly anything in it.
I've tried increasing the verbosity setting but it doesn't help. Is there any way to log that? I've even tried X > /ramdisk/X.log but it always comes up empty.
The reason I want to log this is that in there, the data displays the LCD brand and model on my laptop. If I can capture that data, I can help people determine which LCD they have which will allow them to choose which video card they can upgrade to in the Delltalk forums.

Vintage Tandy 4000 DEC 316 Computer Power Supply PSU - TESTED WORKING
$69.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$125.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
$100.00