-
Junior Member
registered user
Laptop PCMCIA card (re)detection-again
I'm using a Knoppix 3.2 install on a laptop, which has been really cool & instructive after being a RedHat user for a few years. The only prob I have is when I change PCMCIA cards - I only have one working slot (hey, the notebook was free). I just changed out the modem card for a 3C5974 LAN card that formerly worked fine in the same machine. No beeps, nothing. Even tho the right module is loaded on startup, it's not associating with the card. Kudzu seems to want to delete all my config files, network card or no, and my primitive attempts at restarting the networking & PCMCIA services have yielded no joy. So:
* What tools are available in Debian to pick up new/modified hardware?
* What can I try to get the beast to see the LAN card again?
I'm running a 2.4.22 kernel I compiled - are there any compilation-specific options that need to be enabled, or alternatively, will a later kernel work better?
Similar Threads
-
By chris_andrew in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-16-2005, 03:05 PM
-
By simonmac2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By Dave6383 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By stefan_isaacs in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 05:36 PM
-
By Yakumo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-07-2003, 07:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00