-
icewm and KDE
I also posted this in the Networking forum
I swap between Windows 98 SE and Knoppix 3.3 a lot, cause I'm just learning *nix.
Using a 3C905B-TX Nic on a 633 Celeron e-machine w/256 MB RAM
I found if I boot to: "Knoppix desktop=icewm" first, logout/power down then boot with just "knoppix lang=us", I can get an IP address and surf teh net endlessly, but if I try to boot using KDE without the icewm step, my nic is reported as "not supported"
As Tarzan would say, "Me not know why"
Similar Threads
-
By erikr in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2005, 02:36 AM
-
By BlackmageIX in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 11:57 PM
-
By kubikanber in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:10 PM
-
By dmk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By _Iz- in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00