I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Hello!
Just getting to know Knoppix! Very nice!
I'm trying to incorporate the use of the Knoppix CD with Disastor Recovery of systems...via NFS and Partition Image.
When I issue a command similar to the following:
# mount -t nfs 172.16.8.100:/nfs_mount_point /ramdisk/nfs/mnt_point
It just "hangs" there for about 10 minutes and then *finally* mounts with no apparent errors! Usually this mount process (on RedHat at least) takes a split second!
What am I doing wrong? What should I be looking at that is not set correctly? Can I (should I) add entries into the hosts file? (looks like it's RO though).
Your thoughts and suggestion are much appreciated,
Craig
Knoppix 3.3 ISO
I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Is any one else experiencing this type of "mount" delay?
Is there a better method other than NFS to restore images created with PartImage?
NFS seems to work very well for me...it just takes too long to mount the access point...and that's my *only* complaint!
Craig

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio 14.4''(1TB SSD Intel Core i7-11370H 3.3GHz 32GB)
$540.00