I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Hello!
Just getting to know Knoppix! Very nice!
I'm trying to incorporate the use of the Knoppix CD with Disastor Recovery of systems...via NFS and Partition Image.
When I issue a command similar to the following:
# mount -t nfs 172.16.8.100:/nfs_mount_point /ramdisk/nfs/mnt_point
It just "hangs" there for about 10 minutes and then *finally* mounts with no apparent errors! Usually this mount process (on RedHat at least) takes a split second!
What am I doing wrong? What should I be looking at that is not set correctly? Can I (should I) add entries into the hosts file? (looks like it's RO though).
Your thoughts and suggestion are much appreciated,
Craig
Knoppix 3.3 ISO
I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Is any one else experiencing this type of "mount" delay?
Is there a better method other than NFS to restore images created with PartImage?
NFS seems to work very well for me...it just takes too long to mount the access point...and that's my *only* complaint!
Craig

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62