I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Hello!
Just getting to know Knoppix! Very nice!
I'm trying to incorporate the use of the Knoppix CD with Disastor Recovery of systems...via NFS and Partition Image.
When I issue a command similar to the following:
# mount -t nfs 172.16.8.100:/nfs_mount_point /ramdisk/nfs/mnt_point
It just "hangs" there for about 10 minutes and then *finally* mounts with no apparent errors! Usually this mount process (on RedHat at least) takes a split second!
What am I doing wrong? What should I be looking at that is not set correctly? Can I (should I) add entries into the hosts file? (looks like it's RO though).
Your thoughts and suggestion are much appreciated,
Craig
Knoppix 3.3 ISO
I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Is any one else experiencing this type of "mount" delay?
Is there a better method other than NFS to restore images created with PartImage?
NFS seems to work very well for me...it just takes too long to mount the access point...and that's my *only* complaint!
Craig

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$229.95
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08