I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Hello!
Just getting to know Knoppix! Very nice!
I'm trying to incorporate the use of the Knoppix CD with Disastor Recovery of systems...via NFS and Partition Image.
When I issue a command similar to the following:
# mount -t nfs 172.16.8.100:/nfs_mount_point /ramdisk/nfs/mnt_point
It just "hangs" there for about 10 minutes and then *finally* mounts with no apparent errors! Usually this mount process (on RedHat at least) takes a split second!
What am I doing wrong? What should I be looking at that is not set correctly? Can I (should I) add entries into the hosts file? (looks like it's RO though).
Your thoughts and suggestion are much appreciated,
Craig
Knoppix 3.3 ISO
I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Is any one else experiencing this type of "mount" delay?
Is there a better method other than NFS to restore images created with PartImage?
NFS seems to work very well for me...it just takes too long to mount the access point...and that's my *only* complaint!
Craig

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15