I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Hello!
Just getting to know Knoppix! Very nice!
I'm trying to incorporate the use of the Knoppix CD with Disastor Recovery of systems...via NFS and Partition Image.
When I issue a command similar to the following:
# mount -t nfs 172.16.8.100:/nfs_mount_point /ramdisk/nfs/mnt_point
It just "hangs" there for about 10 minutes and then *finally* mounts with no apparent errors! Usually this mount process (on RedHat at least) takes a split second!
What am I doing wrong? What should I be looking at that is not set correctly? Can I (should I) add entries into the hosts file? (looks like it's RO though).
Your thoughts and suggestion are much appreciated,
Craig
Knoppix 3.3 ISO
I neglected to state them my NFS platform is a Snap Appliance Snap Server 4500.
I created a smaller mount point (just to see if size mattered) and it made no difference at all.
FYI,
Craig
Is any one else experiencing this type of "mount" delay?
Is there a better method other than NFS to restore images created with PartImage?
NFS seems to work very well for me...it just takes too long to mount the access point...and that's my *only* complaint!
Craig

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00