-
Modify "Look and Feel": Toolbars, Buttons, Etc.?
This is one of those questions where I'm sure the answers would be easy to find if I only knew the right keywords . . .
I've just replaced my old Knoppix 3.2 hdd install with the Knoppix 3.3 of February 16, 2004. Installation and configuration have been smooth, with one exception -- I can't figure out how to abandon some new X "look and feel" settings that I dislike. I'm pretty sure they're X settings because I can alter themes, icon sets, etc. in both KDE and iceWM without fixing what bugs me, which is that selection buttons on toolbars and the toolbars themselves are rounded, puffy, and pillowlike (as if making them look thick and soft will make it more comfortable to select them?).
I think it makes them harder to see. Here's a couple of screenshots of what I'm talking about.
What configuration option(s) should I explore to make these "widgets" (right word?) look plainer? Thanks for any help!
Similar Threads
-
By tmp000 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 25
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:29 AM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro
$179.99

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718
$22.00

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D
$339.99

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter
$34.99