Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Debian upgrage for more than one PC in LAN 1 download only.

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121

    Debian upgrage for more than one PC in LAN 1 download only.

    Dear Sirs,
    I am wondering how can update / upgrade for more than one PC (in my LAN). In more details :
    I have a LAN with three Debian bases computers. All of them are connected to internet via NAT, anyway that not the point.
    The real question is the following: who can download the .deb packages to one pc and when I do apt-get upgrade (to the rest two) to use these packages and not to download 3 times the same packages???

    Do you understand what I meed/mean ??? I can not write goot English by the way...

    Best Regards
    Mike Kranidis

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    make that computer the one that apt takes the packages from, that is, edit /etc/apt/sources.list to point to the right directory in the network.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Debian upgrage for more than one PC in LAN 1 download on

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekgr
    Dear Sirs,
    I am wondering how can update / upgrade for more than one PC (in my LAN). In more details :
    I have a LAN with three Debian bases computers. All of them are connected to internet via NAT, anyway that not the point.
    The real question is the following: who can download the .deb packages to one pc and when I do apt-get upgrade (to the rest two) to use these packages and not to download 3 times the same packages???

    Do you understand what I meed/mean ??? I can not write goot English by the way...

    Best Regards
    Mike Kranidis
    You are looking for the apt-proxy or apt-move packages.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear Sirs,

    thanks for the answers.
    I will try your suggestions

    Best Regards
    Mike Kranidis

Similar Threads

  1. What do I download?
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:36 AM
  2. knoppix -> debian-like -> debian
    By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
  3. where to download from
    By drews in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 09:23 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  5. HOWTO fix debian or knoppix/debian for Russian fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95