Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Daemon Tools

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Daemon Tools

    In Windows there's a utility named Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php) that can emulate a ISO/CCD/CUE/etc. file to be a virtual CD drive. I love this feature since I don't have to switch CD's. God I'm lazy
    Is there any similar utility in Knoppix or is there a special way to emulate a CD file?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    yes, you can mount a iso file to a folder. I've never done it so i'm not to sure how to do it. but its probably along the lines of sudo mount [location of iso file] [location of where you want to mount it]

    like I've said I nopt sure.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    I just did it.

    ok this is what you do. open a terminal window then type

    sudo mount -o loop [place of image ex://mnt/hda1/test.iso] [place to mount image ex://home/knoppix/test]

    just make sure to get rid of the "[]"

    heres what mine looked like



    sudo mount -o loop //mnt/cdrom1/d31.iso //home/knoppix/test

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Thank you firebyrd10

    Thank you firebyrd10. Have you tested the sudo command with other CD images than ISO, like CloneCD, BIN/CUE, etc.?
    I'm currently thinking deep on what Windows applications I'll miss when installing Knoppix. My next project is finding a substitute for Gamespy (http://www.gamespy.com)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    How to delete post

    How do I delete one of my posts?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    No I haven't been able to try other image files being that I don't use them. Chances are they will work though.


    NO I don't think YOU can delete a post but a mod can.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    snowflake, it is the ount part that alows for the "virtuall CD".
    Sudo is just a way to get permisions to use mount.
    to be precise the -o loop part is the key to mounting image files (iso. img...).
    hope I am not all wrong

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Thank you

    Thank you guys

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361

    Re: Thank you firebyrd10

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    My next project is finding a substitute for Gamespy (http://www.gamespy.com)
    Have you checked this ?
    http://www.happypenguin.org

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Thank you again

    Thank you again. I'm really looking forward to trying to dump Windows. Now all I need is Knoppix 3.4 final.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Receive Fax daemon
    By lothario in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:23 AM
  2. How to make Lisa daemon run automatically?
    By IsaacKuo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:43 AM
  3. LISA daemon...
    By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 10:25 PM
  4. LISa daemon?
    By grayman999 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 03:57 PM
  5. help... Lisa Daemon not installed
    By Douglas_D in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$128.00



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz) picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)

$75.00



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$136.15



Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US picture

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US

$41.30



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00