-
login problem
hey guys,
I installed knoppix on a old pentium 166mhz, with a 128mb sdram @133 mhz, on a 4 gb hard drive. that I was working on for my computer engineering class at my high school and it installed fine but when it was giving me screens to setup stuff up, it didn't give me a screen it setup a username. It gave me screens for root password and user password but no screen for username. I rebooted and I got the the login screen it kept saying login failed. any sugguestions for a linux newbie?
I also tryed to login with the username: Root and then my root password, same thing.
Thanks for any help.
sincerely,
Schunn99
P.S. my junior year of High school is killing me!!! Just one more year and then COLLEGE.
Also does anyone know about what level of math do I have to reach order to get a BA in computer engineering?(calclus I?, II? or something higher?)
-
This FAQ has the answer to you login problem http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqRescue
Also does anyone know about what level of math do I have to reach order to get a BA in computer engineering?(calclus I?, II? or something higher?)
First of all Computer Engineering is an ambiguous name for a number of different fields in computer studies. I have seen this title include Software Engineering (another ambiguous title), computer architecture (the programmers level view of the computer), and computer hardware design. The math that will be most useful to you depends on what kind of computer engineering you want to do. I can't speak for all colleges but I can give you an example of my graduation requirements for a BS in Computer Engineering at the University of Iowa.
Calculus I – Single Variable Calculus
Calculus II – Multi Variable Calculus
Calculus III – Vector Calculus
Matrix Algebra
Probability and Statistics
Discrete Math (aka Discrete Structures)
To compare, here are the required math classes for a BA in Computer Science.
Calculus I – Single Variable Calculus
Calculus II – Multi Variable Calculus
Linear Algebra
Discrete Math (aka Discrete Structures)
Obviously math is important in all fields related to computers. How much math you really need to be a successful programmer or to design hardware is still being debated by the experts. The September 2003 feature article of the Communications of the ACM was “Why CS Students Need Math.” There are good professional programmers who have never taken more math than high school level algebra! Although I have studied a broad range of of Electrical and Computer Engineering from the electromagnetic theory up to programming I focus mostly on software. I personally find that linear algebra, probability and statistics, and discrete math are the most useful in my every day programming. Calculus doesn't directly apply to discrete computers, but it is important when communicating with and writing applications for scientists. Also calculus is important if you want to study the physical electrical level of computers.
Similar Threads
-
By kaplan71 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 09:07 PM
-
By b6user in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By TheDDI in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:19 AM
-
By jack-ren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By patiscool in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00