-
windows ipconfig equivalent
I'm pretty sure that this question got answered before, but anyways; I might just give it a shot.
I want to find out what the equivalent for ipconfig i.e. listing IP Address, Subnet mask and default gateway. And where this command should go. I'm a real n00b and I did read the FAQ on networking, this is a real tiny answer.
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: windows ipconfig equivalent

Originally Posted by
Brohan
I'm pretty sure that this question got answered before, but anyways; I might just give it a shot.
I want to find out what the equivalent for ipconfig i.e. listing IP Address, Subnet mask and default gateway. And where this command should go. I'm a real n00b and I did read the FAQ on networking, this is a real tiny answer.
In addition to the command above route -n will show you your default gateway. You use the commands in a console window in KDE it is the monitor with a shell on it in the taskbar the output would look similar to this.
Code:
HappyTux:/home/stephen# ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:10:A7:17:E0:59
inet addr:192.168.0.1 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:8032 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:7772 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:15518
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:3586501 (3.4 MiB) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
Interrupt:9 Base address:0xd000
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:2849 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2849 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:1471394 (1.4 MiB) TX bytes:1471394 (1.4 MiB)
HappyTux:/home/stephen# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
0.0.0.0 192.168.0.254 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
Similar Threads
-
By digitalcry in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 01:55 AM
-
By xave in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 07:47 AM
-
By dugstratton in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 09:30 PM
-
By garyng in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00