-
Junior Member
registered user
Gateway Solo 2500 knoppix internet question
This is my first post on this forum...so, really, I have absolutely no idea where to begin! 
Therefore, I'll just start at what I think is the begining:
I am a complete Linux newbie, as in I downloaded the Knoppix image today and just booted my laptop about an hour ago. A complete newbie.
I'm booting from disk on a Gateway Solo 2500, Celeron 400mhz, 288MB RAM, Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PC card, originally running Windows98se.
The bootup process seemed to go without a hitch. The interface is up, and I can explore around the OS. It's really nice...games, tools, browsers...looks like I'll be wasting a bit of time with it! 
However, how do I connect to the internet? I tried the "ADSL/PPPOE configuration" tool. It asked for my user name and password for my internet service provider, but it didn't connect (i.e. when I tried to use the browser, any page i typed brought up the "page not found" error). So, how do I connect? Please remember I'm a newbie, so I don't yet understand shells and commands and such. But, I'm not stupid (or at least I'm not completely stupid
), so I can learn this!
Thanks for your help, folks!
Similar Threads
-
By ghostblaze in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By beecee in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 11:40 PM
-
By SideWynder in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By melo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
-
By djm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2003, 02:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

1TB 2TB 4TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive USB 3.1 High Speed PC
$15.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99