I have a knoppix-installed as debian file server at school for my students to use over a local DHCP network. If I set the server's IP as static can I log into it from home? Can I set that up with ifconfig or netcardconfig?
TIA,
AJG
I have a knoppix-installed as debian file server at school for my students to use over a local DHCP network. If I set the server's IP as static can I log into it from home? Can I set that up with ifconfig or netcardconfig?
TIA,
AJG
if the dhcp-server "alows" such a config it should work.
try, if it doesnt work you may have to do some "creative" things to your network.

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.45
SooGuard Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S11/S10/S9/S8 Ultra 14.6 Inch
$80.00
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
Samsung 2TB 9100 PRO 14,700MB/s PCIe 5.0 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-VAP2T0B/AM)
$389.49
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00