-
Modify "Look and Feel": Toolbars, Buttons, Etc.?
This is one of those questions where I'm sure the answers would be easy to find if I only knew the right keywords . . .
I've just replaced my old Knoppix 3.2 hdd install with the Knoppix 3.3 of February 16, 2004. Installation and configuration have been smooth, with one exception -- I can't figure out how to abandon some new X "look and feel" settings that I dislike. I'm pretty sure they're X settings because I can alter themes, icon sets, etc. in both KDE and iceWM without fixing what bugs me, which is that selection buttons on toolbars and the toolbars themselves are rounded, puffy, and pillowlike (as if making them look thick and soft will make it more comfortable to select them?).
I think it makes them harder to see. Here's a couple of screenshots of what I'm talking about.
What configuration option(s) should I explore to make these "widgets" (right word?) look plainer? Thanks for any help!
-
The link to your screenshots doesn't work, so it's hard to know what you mean.
This sounds like it might be a Styles issue, which is under the Appearances>Styles section of the Control Center. Again, it's hard to say without seeing what you are talking about. Fix your link and I'll try to help.
-
That was a mighty quick reply! The page went up a few minutes after the forum post (I wanted to put a link to this thread on the page). It's there now.
I've definitely spent a lot of time in Appearances --> Styles without finding an answer. And I'm not sure how or why altering KDE styles would affect how things look over in iceWM.
What calls the default set of widgets across X Windows for Knoppix?
-
Problem solved! It's complicated; the best explanation is here.
Basically, a GTK theme called Geramik was bossing Knoppix around and imposing its ugly view of what buttons should look like on applications built with GTK. (Check that link above if all of this is gibberish.)
So you can liberate Knoppix 3.3 from Geramik. Go look to find out how.
Similar Threads
-
By tmp000 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 25
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:29 AM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-
$239.95