-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Post install questions (firewire hdd install)

Originally Posted by
c123
2. when I switch ot init 5, the graphical login manager laods up. how can i change it so that I just have a prompt; if I want to have a GUI I prefer to type startx or startkde.
Cheers
easiest way to solve this is to use K => Settings => SysV-Init Editor. I removed KDM from the list of services that start up when passing to run level 5.
So I used a GUI app, but I *shall* learn to do this from the command line!
Similar Threads
-
By remhigh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 07:55 PM
-
By jvdtorn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 01:36 PM
-
By bamarob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 12:16 PM
-
By Lilmuckers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 11:20 AM
-
By andecla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed
$125.00

Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear
$24.99

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985
$32.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00