-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Post install questions (firewire hdd install)

Originally Posted by
c123
2. when I switch ot init 5, the graphical login manager laods up. how can i change it so that I just have a prompt; if I want to have a GUI I prefer to type startx or startkde.
Cheers
easiest way to solve this is to use K => Settings => SysV-Init Editor. I removed KDM from the list of services that start up when passing to run level 5.
So I used a GUI app, but I *shall* learn to do this from the command line!
Similar Threads
-
By remhigh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 07:55 PM
-
By jvdtorn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 01:36 PM
-
By bamarob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 12:16 PM
-
By Lilmuckers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 11:20 AM
-
By andecla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital CompacTape II Tape Cartridge TK-52 TK-70
$29.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00