-
Senior Member
registered user
Post install questions (firewire hdd install)
I've installed Knoppix 3.3 19th November to firewire hdd. I'm currently booting using the cd-rom and doing a pivot_root to use my firewire hdd install. Couple of questions:
1. how can I check if the swap is being used? do I have to manuall mnount the swap (which is on the firewire install). 'Top' gives me the idea that at the moment I'm running without swap, a bit worrying as I've only got 128 MB of RAM :(
top - 00:42:01 up 4:21, 1 user, load average: 0.12, 0.14, 0.06
Mem: 126788k total, 121180k used, 5608k free, 12716k buffers
Swap: 0k total, 0k used, 0k free, 47704k cached
2. when I switch ot init 5, the graphical login manager laods up. how can i change it so that I just have a prompt; if I want to have a GUI I prefer to type startx or startkde.
3. how can I change window mangager, are others already installed or do I have to install them?
Got more questions, but I think I've seen most of them discussed elsewhere. I searched for the above, but could not find anything.
Cheers
Similar Threads
-
By remhigh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 07:55 PM
-
By jvdtorn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 01:36 PM
-
By bamarob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 12:16 PM
-
By Lilmuckers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 11:20 AM
-
By andecla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98