--Post results of ' fdisk -l ' and ' mount ' when you have the USB drive mounted. (You are doing the mount cmd as root, right?)
Originally Posted by SenorLoco
Hi, Im having troubles getting my diskonkey usb drive to work. I can get the drive mounted using 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbkey' and I can see the drive and everything but I can't write to it. Any help would be great!!!
Thanks,
SenorLoco
--Post results of ' fdisk -l ' and ' mount ' when you have the USB drive mounted. (You are doing the mount cmd as root, right?)
Originally Posted by SenorLoco
The problem is that the DiskOnKey get's mounted read-only. It happens also to my USB Stick
using Mandrake. I resolved the issue applying a patch that simple mounts the stick r/w, but
patching the running Koppix kernel is a bit difficult.
I heard that there is a firmware upgrade for the DiskOnKey out there that solves this problem,
but I was not able to find it. If you do, let me know.
Georg
alright I've been toying around with things alittle (since Im no linux expert) but I've found that I can write to the diskonkey through a root shell...so it can't be a problem with firmware....just something not setup right...any thoughts?
Do a cat /etc/fstab with your diskonkey mounted.
you should see entries like this (for my floppy):
device------mount-----type------options---------------------dump--pass
...
/dev/fd0---/floppy-----vfat-----defaults,user,exec,rw------0------0
...
The important part is the options, if you have nouser in the options, unmount your device, edit your /etc/fstab file and change nouser to user, if user isn't in the options put it in, then save your changes and the remount your device.
Now see if it works.
The other thing may be permissions on the actual device used by your diskonkey, if your fstab looks OK, then do an ls-al /dev/your-device you should see something like:
brwxrwxrwx   1   root   root   11 Feb 13 15:22   /dev/your-device
Ignore the first letter, make sure the permissions are at least: ?rw-rw-rw- so that all users and groups can read or write to that device.
HTH
rock

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99