-
Junior Member
registered user
Installing Programs Help.
Im very new to Linux, and enjoying it so far, Knoppix has sucsueded in puting in most things I need, except for a few things. So I like get DCGUI's RPM file, and I open it and click install and it brings this up, now I took a short look and I don't think Knoppix has a program called alien, so what do I do about this error?
<mnt/hdd1/dclib-0.2.21-1mdk.i586.rpm';echo RESULT=$?
rpm: To install rpm packages on Debian systems, use alien. See README.Debian.
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
RESULT=1
I didn't see anything about this in the documentation.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 04:26 PM
-
By Fuel in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:32 PM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:08 PM
-
By computerkid14 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:39 AM
-
By digitaldeity in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99